Pages

1.24.2014

Day 24 of 365

Today was a cold cold day! So I set out to make some chowder. I took out a recipe I've been wanting to try and modified it a bit to suit my taste. 


4 tablespoons of butter
1 large onion
1lb of potatoes. Any variety really. Cut and cubed. 
3 tablespoons of flour
49ounces of chicken stock
2 cans of cream styled corn
1 cup heavy cream
Sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Dash of sweet paprika
Two large handfuls of salmon - skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes. 
Fresh dill
Fresh parsley. 

1.  Melt the butter in a large pot. Add onions and potatoes. Mix in flour. Stir. 

2. Add chicken stock and cans of cream corn. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika. I like it with a little kick so I add a healthy amount of pepper. Simmer until potatoes are tender. 

3. Mix in heavy cream and carefully stir in salmon. Wait around for 5 - 7 minutes.  

4. Add in a splash of dill and parsley and you're set! 

Serve with some fresh bread. 

Serves 4-6 depending on bowl size
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min 

Enjoy!



 

No comments:

AddThis